did this person break up their own relationship
I don’t know which is the “correct” answer, but I know which one I’m going to use from now on
Vienna, Austria (by Helder Caixinha)
If the lords of the Seven Kingdoms grew accustomed to Queen Cersei’s r u l e, it would be that much easier for them to bend their knees to Queen Myrcella.
Rolex Grand Prix, Aachen 2014.
On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Her entire life, and her mother’s life as well, are FASCINATING. A Royal, Muslim, Anglo-Indian woman in WWII… Could we have a sweeping FACTUAL movie please. Like now?
Yet another story I would like to read.
You guys! There IS A MOVIE!
Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story
omg I just found out 500px gifs can be 2MB, hallelujah
This is incredibly relaxing to just and watch over and over
I am a fucking delight, I whisper to no one as I put something witty in the tags.
when they show a scene from two seasons ago in the “previously on” you know something fishy is about to happen
u can tell a lot about a person by their background on their phones